SWITCHMEN CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION QUESTION-SAMPLE
What is a Clearance?
What is the difference between a Clearance and a Hot Line Order?
When is a Clearance required?
At what stage of construction is a Clearance required?
Who can issue a Clearance?
Who is eligible to obtain a Clearance?
Who determines what persons shall be certified to perform switching?
What is the procedure for applying for and releasing Clearance?
What are the responsibilities of the holder of a Clearance to the other workmen
working under his Clearance?
10. What must be done if the holder of a Clearance must leave the jobsite?
11. What is the procedure for obtaining and releasing a Hot Line Order?
12. If a PCB opens automatically after a Hot Line Order has been issued and hot line
work is progress, what procedure will be followed?
13. What work, other than hot line maintenance, can be performed without a
14. What must a switchman do before operating the switch that is indicated a
next step on the switching program form?
15. How are Clearances issued when foreign system workmen must work on or near
Figure 1. Switchmen certification examination questions.