Monthly Observe and record reading of operation counter.
* See that the operations counter is properly registering the operations.
* See that position indicator or semaphore is properly indicating the breaker position.
Check operating rods or levers for loose parts.
Dashpots or Snubbers
* Check for proper setting and adjust as necessary. Clean out and replenish liquid in
* Check condition of metal and hardware. Repaint as necessary. See that door
gaskets are tight and properly exclude dust and dirt.
Cabinet Lights and Heaters
Weekly Check cabinet heaters and see that they are in service in cold weather.
Replace burned-out lamps.
* Check heating elements and replace, if in poor condition.
Power Supplies and Wiring
Weekly See that all power and control circuit switches are closed and fuses are in
* Inspect fuses or circuit breakers in all power and control supply circuits. Check and
tighten wiring connections at terminal points. Inspect wiring for open circuits, short
circuits, and damaged insulation. Check insulation resistance of wiring with
Oil Dielectric Tests
* Check dielectric strength of the insulating oil in the main tanks and oil-filled
* The necessity for filtering the insulating oil will depend on the results obtained from
the oil dielectric tests and the amount of carbon in the oil. The oil should be filtered
if the dielectric strength is below 25 kilovolts or if there is a noticeable amount of